Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Education and Outreach - Department of Natural Resources
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:45pm
Website:State of Indiana
The Director of Outreach and Education Programs is responsible for developing and maintaining the organizational messages; managing the production of all internal and external education and outreach programs; creating and managing division events and sponsorships; oversee and manage the division’s stewardship, information and education programs. The Director reports to the Assistant Director of the Division of Fish and Wildlife
- Develop strategic outreach for various division programs and/or promotions for customer notification and awareness;
- Coordinate with Programs and Properties for all informational brochures, advertisement and signage, temporary and permanent;
- Oversee the curriculum, facilitator training and evaluation of Projects WET and WILD;
- Oversee the volunteer management and training for the Division’s Stewardship Program;
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director in developing specific strategies around public programs and campaigns;
- Oversee ongoing research and data analysis initiatives related to our customer database;
- Represent DFW through public speaking and community engagements;
- Generate agency sponsorship and event opportunities to improve agency brand/credibilty and program awareness;
- Coordinate contracts and event logistics with agency procurement, contract and legal departments;
- Serve as backup to the Information Specialist for website updates and design needs;
- Establish and maintain internal employee relationships to improve interdepartmental communication needs;
- Coordinate with Assistant Director in planning and executing a yearly Division promotional budget;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education, natural resources, or public affairs or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must be able to obtain an Indiana driver's license and operate and maintain equipment.
- Five year of experience in education, natural resources, or public affairs or closely related field.
- Experience in project management.
- Previous supervisory experience."
How to Apply:
Please visit: http://www.in.gov/spd/careers/
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Health Savings Account available - with Employer Contribution
- Prescription Coverage
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer-funded Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation Plan with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Work/life balance: 24 Paid Days Off and 12 Holidays, per year
- Group Life Insurance
- Qualified Employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program