Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Education for Sustainability
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 10:45pm
Director of Education for Sustainability
Director of Education for Sustainability (DoES) reports directly to the Principal and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team of The Arbor School.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team across the school, the DoES will implement the school’s vision and mission, particularly with respect to environmental mindfulness.
- The DoES is the key member of the team who helps to devise, monitor and intervene in matters pertaining to the delivery of the mission of the school, which is to instill eco-literacy and a sense of global environmental justice and sustainability in our students. They will play a key role in quality assurance and advise the Principal upon matters pertaining to this mission.
- The DoES, with the support of the school Principal, takes responsibility for the creation of an environmental school, ranging from, but not limited to:
- Support the principal and all teaching to staff to embed eco-literacy and a sense of global environmental justice and sustainability throughout the curriculum, lesson planning and school life;
- Ensuring the embeddedness of environmentalism and eco-literacy within the curriculum;
- Leading staff training and development in environmental education, experiential and outdoor learning;
- Oversight and direction of environmental activities and initiatives across the whole school;
- Monitoring staff and student engagement with the school’s ethos;
- The use of the Biodome and green areas of the school;
- Pursuit of external accreditations and awards relating to the school mission;
- Leading public outreach and service learning opportunities;
- Developing fieldwork and other opportunities for project-based, experiential and outdoor learning;
- Developing Environmentally mindful extracurricular activities;
- Guiding the activities of the Scientist and Artist in residence in supporting teachers and students in line with the school’s ethos.
- The range of responsibilities delegated to the DoES with regard to provision and coordination is outlined below:
- Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate degree in Ecology / Environmental Science / Environmental studies or related field;
- Experience in an educational setting;
- The UAE National agenda places a high emphasis on innovation, inclusion, and self-evaluation. We are actively seeking candidates that have a proven track record in these areas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with pupils and adults;
- Initiative and problem-solving skills;
- The ability to manage confrontation and challenging behavior;
- Teamwork and organizational skills;
- An observant and responsive approach;
- Flexibility and adaptability to be able to respond to the needs of the pupils and change plan accordingly;
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook;
- Patience, understanding, and empathy with pupils and parents;
- A sense of humor.
About the employer: http://www.praxisedu.ae
More about The Arbor School: http://thearborschool.ae
Information about The Arbor School
- Org type: Mainstream School Phase
- All-through with the sixth form
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please ensure the following documents are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Principal, Mr. Charles Grayhurst.
A completed application form with photograph
A letter of application, no longer than two pages in length, which outlines your educational philosophy and suitability for the role.
Interviews can be arranged in UK or Dubai and via video conference.
Appointments are subject to KHDA approval.
All positions attract a competitive remuneration package made up of a very competitive basic salary and a mix of benefits such as accommodation allowances, schooling allowances, Transport allowances, private medical insurance, annual economy airfares to country of residence, and end of gratuity as per UAE labor law.