Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Marketing & Communications, WNPA
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The director of marketing and communication position is responsible for leading the development, design, planning and implementation of WNPA’s organizational efforts for marketing, product development, programs, and internal and external communication for short term and long range strategies. Targeting existing and new markets by performing the duties personally or through subordinates, vendors or volunteers, this position will oversee and advance four core areas:
*Educational products development
* Interpretive retail design
* Event & activities marketing
* Institutional communications
The Director will serve as a creative resource for the entire organization producing marketing and communications that will:
* Effectively tell the WNPA story;
* Promote all special engagements and membership opportunities, with the goal of increasing revenue for the benefit of our national park partners;
* Develop publications and products that amplify WNPA’s mission;
* Align task agreements with the overall vision of WNPA.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communication, or Business Administration; a Master’s degree is a plus;
- At least five years of professional work experience in organizational communications, retail, creative design, marketing and/or publications;
- Prior supervisory experience managing the performance of personnel engaged in design or development of creative content, such as photographers, graphic designers, writers, artists, digital media developers, and others;
- Ability to use current graphic design software and knowledge of basic principles of graphic design;
- Demonstrated experience managing a department budget;
- Demonstrated experience developing, leading, and completing significant projects that translate interpretive or educational themes into profitable, workable, solutions such as exhibits, products, publications, or digital media.
–The ideal candidate will be able to successfully guide Western National Parks Association (WNPA) mission, projects, and people to illustrate and interpret our National Park Service partner locations into the visitor retail experience through marketing and communication efforts. The candidate demonstrating a record of attention to detail, self-motivated, bringing a final product to implementation with precision, on time and within budget is highly sought. Creativity, the ability to adapt, an excellent problem solver and communicator will be valued. Additional experiences producing professional audio & video such as television commercials, audio spots, documentaries and organization videos and/or writing and edit copy is an advantage.
How to Apply:
This is an exempt position, offer includes salary plus medical/dental/vision/life insurance; generous paid time off; and a retirement plan offering a substantial employer match after one year of service. Salary depends on experience.