Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 24, 2021, 5:00pm
Full Time Position Available
The Watershed Institute is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person with strong knowledge about water and watersheds for its award-winning environmental education program, located in the LEED-Platinum Watershed Center, on the 950-acre Watershed Reserve in Hopewell Township, New Jersey. Education staff conducts approximately 400 programs annually, reaching 10,000 people. Among these environmental science and ecology-based programs are school field trips addressing the Next Generation Science Standards, children’s and family programs for the public, teacher workshops, and a summer nature camp. The Watershed Institute is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from people of color, and neighboring communities.
For more information about The Watershed Institute, visit www.thewatershed.org
Applications Deadline September 24, however, interviews are rolling and will begin immediately. Position begins in early October.
Salary Range: $45,000
Benefits: Health Insurance, Life & LTD Insurance, PTO and 403B Retirement Plan. Staff housing (dormitory style) is available on the Watershed Reserve (applicants can inquire during the interview process).
- Manage program bookings for schools and birthday parties by scheduling groups appropriately, managing spaces and staff, invoicing, processing payments and keeping records. Remain knowledgeable on all offerings for these programs.
- Manage public program scheduling, publishing, registrations, recordkeeping, and payments, using the organization-wide calendar (Google Calendar) and the organization-wide registration and member management system (DoubleKnot).
- Coordinate with financial department, Camp Director, and Assistant Director of Education to manage scholarship program for summer camps and academies.
- Assist with all departmental job announcements, employment applications, and interview scheduling. Collect and process new hire onboarding paperwork
- Coordinate with development and communications department on education program promotion by providing program reports and supplying public program content as requested for the quarterly newsletter, website, weekly email marketing, and social media.
- Record departmental income and expenses. Provide reports to financial department as requested.
- Create weekly, monthly, and yearly reports of program attendance and income.
- Create and update departmental brochures as needed.
- Manage and maintain accurate records in donor/member databases (DonorPerfect, DoubleKnot) as they pertain to education programs.
- Attend mandatory annual events (Butterfly Festival, FEST, and Annual Meeting).
- Assist at the Welcome Desk as needed to process shop sales and program registrations.
- Develop systems for using Doubleknot for school programs.
- Assist in mentorship and supervision of interns and volunteers;
- Assist staff on occasional facility maintenance, office tasks, and other projects as necessary for the smooth operation of the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of leadership experience overseeing educational programs
- 2 years office management experience, preferably non-profit
- 2 years of experience supervising staff and volunteers
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certification
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work with computer systems and databases
- Pleasant, efficient, and knowledgeable customer service skills
- Able to learn new skills and systems quickly
- Able to solve problems and resolve customer issues
- Experience teaching outdoor programs
- Good safety awareness and judgement
- Strong spirit of cooperation and teamwork
- Walking: to move throughout the facility and on the trails outdoors
- Talking/Hearing: to communicate face-to-face and over the telephone
- Sitting: to attend meetings; to operate a computer
- Reaching: to write at a desk, to retrieve files or supplies
- Pulling/pushing: to open and close drawers, doors; to move equipment
- Stooping/crouching: to retrieve files at lower levels, to put supplies away
- Seeing: to obtain visual information from written material, to greet guests
- Lifting: to put supplies away; to move tables and stack chairs
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Please forward a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com and in the subject line reference Job Code EM4000. The cover letter should include a statement describing what contribution you will make to strengthen our diverse working and learning environment. Finalists for the position must provide three professional references.