Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Seasonal Program Leader/Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, April 1, 2017, 12:00am
Job responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a team to plan and lead summer day camps for children aged 6-18.
- Help to develop lesson plans and lead programs for a variety of audiences, including families with children, adults only, and youth only aged preschool and up.
- Promote awareness of the Conservation District’s mission.
- Maintain an awareness of worker safety guidelines and standards and apply these in performing daily activities and tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of at least two years of a Bachelor’s degree program in environmental education or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 6 month’s experience working with children in some capacity required.
- At least 6 month’s experience leading natural history and conservation-related programs in an outdoor setting recommended.
- Must have strong communication skills necessary to present programs and be able to work as a member of a team.
- Must enjoy working with people of all ages, be enthusiastic about our natural world, and be energetic.
- Possess a valid, current driver's license with the ability to drive a motorized vehicle to perform various job related functions.
- Driving a district vehicle is a requirement to perform the job responsibilities. Therefore, must be able to pass a work related pre-employment drug screening.
Work involves working primarily outside in all weather conditions with frequent walking of up to three miles per day that is at times on hilly terrain. The job duties may require the individual to occasionally assist staff in loading and unloading 80-pound canoes onto trailers and to paddle a canoe up to seven miles. Requires a sighted individual (vision corrected to 20/20) to plan and conduct outdoor education programs. This work also requires an individual with normal hearing (corrected to within a normal audible range) for interacting with employees and public.
WORK DATES & LOCATION:
Start date is May 22nd with work ending by mid-August. Employees will be based out of either the Prairieview Education Center in Crystal Lake or the Lost Valley Visitor Center in Glacial Park, north of McHenry. If you have a preference, please indicate so in your cover letter.
How to Apply:
Applicant must complete an online application located at www.mccdistrict.org. Must include cover letter and resume.