Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Technician (Seasonal)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 9:00pm
Title: GS-1702 Education Technician
Pay: GS-05 ($15.74/hour)
Date of Employment: Several position are open. Dates vary but are generally from early April through Sept, and mid-June through October.
Housing: not provided
- The incumbent assists senior staff in developing and presenting “hands-on, minds-on, hearts-on” education and interpretive programs that facilitate understanding and appreciation of the Pacific Northwest Coast’s cultural and natural heritage, and promote stewardship of all national public lands.
- Assist in research, development, and presentation of “first person” and “third person” costumed tours of Yaquina Head Lighthouse for education groups and the general public.
- Assist in the research, development, and presentation of environmental education and interpretive programs, focusing on intertidal ecology, marine mammals, and natural history of the Pacific Northwest Coast for education groups and the general public.
- Assist in coordinating and instructing interpretive skills, education skills, intertidal ecology, and lighthouse history workshops for seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Conduct foot patrols of the park including climbing a 114-step stairway within the lighthouse, a 135-step stairway to access the Marine Garden, and walking on the uneven and slippery algae covered rocks within the tidepools to provide education and interpretive services and facilitate visitor compliance with site regulations and policies through education and interpretation.
- Collects fees and issues federal recreation passes as a designated collections officer.
How to Apply:
You must apply on-line at USAJOBS.GOV to vacancy announcement # OR-DEU-2017-0035 at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462222800/
The position Closes on Wednesday, Jan 19 at 8:59 PM Pacific Standard Time. (11:59 Eastern Standard Time)