Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
EE Program Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 8:30am
- Oversee OxEd registrations (including teacher communication, accepting payment, scheduling)
- Support for the design, implementation and data collection for program evaluations
- Assist the OxEd Program Manager to plan, design, market, evaluate and document field trips.
- Actively contributes to hiring, training, and oversight of OxEd staff and volunteers.
- Utilizing the program registration software, generate reports for Oxbow management and as needed for external relations.
Coordination and planning
- Assist to design, plan, and strengthen appropriate farm- and classroom-based programs for grades pre-k through 5th with input from teachers and curriculum specialists. Contribute to programming for middle and high school students.
- Represent the Education Programs vis-a-vis other Oxbow staff (administration, volunteer coordination, communication, etc.)
- Assist with hiring, training and oversight of OxEd staff and volunteers
Spring, fall, and winter programs
- Oversee coordination of school field trips—assist with group registration, scheduling and payment
- Coordinate with teachers, and organize staff on-farm prior to all trips
- Lead spring, fall and winter programs for all age levels
- Visit classrooms in winter as an Oxbow Farmer—learn and teach in-class lessons, maintain program materials
- Assist the Ox Ed Program Manager to plan, design, market, evaluate and document Spring, Winter and Fall programs
- Contribute to Oxbow curricular enhancements and linkages to Next Generation Science Standards
- Coordinate with teachers to arrange school visits
This position supports the Summer Camp director in planning and delivering summer camp.
Participate in identifying, planning and pursuing new EE initiatives and funding opportunities. Potential initiatives include Farm-to-School projects and food and cooking education programs.
- B.A./B.S. degree in education, science or related field, or a combination of equivalent education and work experience
- Experience in outdoor education and working with kids
- Strong leadership skills, confident giving direction and managing people and activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Openness and flexibility
- Ability to learn basic functions of registration software and utilize Microsoft Excel to generate revenue and event reports
- Ability to take direction, ask for help/clarity when necessary, and accept constructive feedback on work and technique
- Strong organizational skills
- Farming and/or gardening, nutrition, or garden education experience not required but helpful
- Experience developing and refining education programs
- Ability to work hard physically, able to lift heavy & awkward objects, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Positive leadership skills
- Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
Additional desired qualities include: environmentally conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, energetic, and professional.
Oxbow Education is part of a larger non-profit organization. A commitment to Oxbow’s overall mission and working as part of a team is critical.
The position is located in Carnation, Washington. Candidates should be ready and able to relocate. Oxbow cannot help with relocation costs.
Position Start Date:
Monday, July 24, 2017
How to Apply:
Please read carefully, incomplete applications will not be considered. Email a resume, letter of interest, and 3 references to:
Finance & Operations Manager
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
Please write EE Program Coordinator position in the email subject line and include where you found this position in the message body.
This position is open until filled. We are hoping to fill this positon by July 24, 2017. Applications will be processed as they are received.
To see this job posting please visit our webite at ww.oxbow.org.
This is a regular, full-time position, paying $13.5-$15 per hour, DOE, with some paid time-off and access to food from the fields.