Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Center Director
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Environmental Science, Education, Environmental Education, Biology, or a related field
- Experience with and enthusiasm for learning and teaching about the natural world and human cultural history
- Creativity, initiative, sense of humor, flexibility and team spirit
- Management experience with human resources, budgeting and grant writing
- Comfortable working in the outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification
- Valid Driver’s License
Vision, Mission and Values
- Develop, implement, and evaluate mission-driven strategic plan for the CEC as it relates to Living River under the direction of the Executive Director with input from the CEC advisory network and the Living River Board related committees.
- Participate on Living River Board committee(s) as assigned
- Interact with the CEC Advisory Board
- Portray and model the vision, mission, value –the image- of Living River’s Cahaba Environmental Center externally to stakeholders and internally to staff and volunteers
Promotion and Development
- Promote and build participation in all of the CEC’s programs to enhance Living River’s identity and partnership with constituent groups
- Develop marketing materials
- Represent Living River’s CEC at outreach events.
- Maintain, develop and nurture relationships with donors, schools, churches, other organizations, and surrounding communities in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Develop, oversee and administer the budget and finances of the CEC’s operations,
- including strict financial controls to ensure good stewardship of donations and other income in conjunction with the Living River budget under the supervision of LIVING RIVER’s Executive Director.
- Participate in grant writing for CEC related projects in conjunction with the Executive Director
Program Oversight and Development
- Provide direction and oversight for Cahaba Environmental Center programs. Ensure curriculum is implemented according to educational standards and meets expectations of teacher/user group leaders, coordinating feedback loop and making modifications as needed
- Develop new programs in accordance with the mission of Living River.
Leadership of Staff and Volunteers
- Provide for the recruitment, training, development, supervision, evaluation, and termination of all regular and seasonal CEC staff, in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Oversee the recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers to participate in the CEC’s programs and operation.
- Attend conferences, seminars and other learning events.
- Maintain membership in relevant organizations
- Maintain certifications as required
How to Apply:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Executive Director, Betty L. Angelini at email@example.com
(205) 208-0035 x. 700