Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, March 25, 2017, 11:00pm
Camp Sealth is seeking individuals who have an enthusiasm for the outdoors, have experience teaching and leading, and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a hard working community! This position encompasses many different aspects of camp, including program/activity leadership, cleaning and kitchen operation, and summer preparation support: helping instructors to gain a uniquely diverse set of skills, knowledge and experience.
Environmental Education Instructors teach classes to youth of all ages with curriculum including Forest and Marine Ecology, Outdoor Living, and Sustainability. Instructors will be trained in several recreational activities such as archery, challenge course, waterfront, arts & crafts, and games. Applicants should display creativity, compassion, and self-motivation and be ready to share the joy of nature with students!
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree / some college education in environmental education, natural sciences, education, or related field
- High School Diploma or equivalency required;
- Experience working in camp or educational setting with youth
- Formal or informal experience teaching
- Enthusiasm for learning and teaching about the natural world objectively
- Ability to work and live comfortably in a small community and work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Ability and willingness to work full days and evenings
- Creativity, energy, motivation, and professionalism
- Flexibility with regard to tasks, work hours, changes in schedule, etc.
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Current First Aid and CPR training (can obtain after job offer is made)
- Washington Food Handler’s Permit (can obtain after job offer is made)
How to Apply:
The Staff Application and Reference Forms are entirely online. If you would prefer to complete an application by mail, contact us at 206 463 3174 ext. 34 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have the forms mailed to you.
Please see full description and apply at: https://campfireseattle.org/job/environmental-education-instructor/