Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Nature's Classroom Institute
NATURE'S CLASSROOM INSTITUTE is a non-profit five-day residential outdoor education organization providing innovative, multidisciplinary instruction to students in 1st through 8th grade. We are currently seeking college graduates with a strong commitment to children and the environment to join our team and teach in a supportive and energetic program that goes beyond traditional environmental education. www.discovernci.org
- Lead hands-on field studies in a variety of environments for students ages 5-17.
- Develop and strengthen your skills as a teacher and naturalist amongst other like-minded instructors.
- Choose lesson topics and develop engaging curriculum based upon your own personal interests and educational background. Flexibility to teach a variety of topics and teach your own curriculum or chose from a database of hundreds of NCI classes.
- Teach in a natural setting in a variety of habitats including: woodlands, prairies, wetlands, and lakes.
- Facilitate teambuilding initiatives and low-ropes challenges.
- Participate in group activities that include cultural and historical simulations, character development programs, and land stewardship projects.
- Work on our farm, on our prairie restoration project, on invasive species eradication projects, and on land conservation projects (Wisconsin location)
- Take the opportunity to become part of a supportive, diverse community of teachers and support staff.
- Bachelor's degree required with a strong commitment to children and the environment, creativity, adaptability, interest in motivational learning, community awareness, and conservation of natural resources. Special skills such as music, storytelling, and team dynamics are helpful.
- Salary: $325/week for first year instructors; room and board provided. $1000 bonus for Instructors who complete their contract.
- Housing: Onsite communal living in a spacious, four bedroom home. Sharing a room is required.
Typically Monday-Thursday 8AM-10PM, Friday 8AM-2PM. No overnight duties with students.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
One position to fill ASAP through June 8th, 2017. Many openings starting late August 2017 through early June 2018
How to Apply:
Mail or email a resume and cover letter to Doug Krysiak and Kristen Mehl, Directors of Education at email@example.com.
How to Apply:
How to Apply: Mail or email a resume and cover letter to Doug Krysiak and Kristen Mehl, Directors of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: $325/week for first year instructors; room and board provided. $1000 bonus for Instructors who complete their contract.