Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 5:00pm
Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center is Platinum LEED facility with award-winning education programs! Programs are offered in our organic garden and in the 225+ acres of bayou, cypress-tupelo swamp, forest, and meadows. This demanding position requires initiative, self-direction, organizational skills, a positive attitude and a great sense of humor. Check our website at www.shangrilagardens.org.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental education, environmental science, or similar degree.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR valid through May 31, 2018
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Criminal background check and drug screening required before employment
- Must be able to commit to the entire time period: June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018
- Tuesday through Saturday, with additional work on evenings and Mondays
- Teach educational field trip programs for pre-K through 8th grade
- Plan, develop and offer educational/interpretive programs to public
- Lead interpretive boat tours for public
- Project Management on community projects
- AND MUCH MORE!
- Present educational and interpretive programs to school groups and public
- Training and experience in operating triple pontoon boats
- Project management experience
- Paid group medical beginning 8/1/2017
Full-time temporary, duration 6/1/17 – 5/31/18
$10 – $12/per hour
How to Apply:
Deadline: March 1, 2017
Email cover letter, resume, three references, and a letter of character and integrity from someone who has known you for at least two years to Jennifer Barroeta at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Environmental Education Intern in the subject line.