Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 9, 2016, 12:00am
Au Sable Institute is seeking two environmental education interns for our upcoming fall environmental education internship (Sept. 19 – Oct. 28). Join us for this six-week experience which offers participants the opportunity to gain skills and professional experience in environmental education and non-profit administration. Participants receive certification in PLT and Project WILD in addition to helping introduce hundreds of students to the outdoors. Interns are responsible for:
- Leading and teaching field-based natural history lessons for K-8 students
- Leading volunteers in citizen science efforts to monitor water quality on the upper Manistee River
- Participating in professional development and certification trainings
- Contributing to daily program debriefings
- Occasionally leading night programs and recreational activities like cross-country skiing and snowshoeing (seasonal), and canoe trips.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter explaining why you would like to do the internship, a resume, and three letters of reference (one from a pastor or mentor describing your Christian commitment and maturity). For more information about Au Sable visit our website at www.ausable.org. Submit inquiries and applications to Paul Wiemerslage, Program Coordinator at email@example.com.