Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education & Outreach Coordinator - Sustainability
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Develops and organizes programs and activities for schools, businesses, community organizations, neighborhood associations and the City.
- Researches and evaluates existing programs (operational and educational) to identify effectiveness, impacts and areas to explore/emphasize.
- Develops new programs to increase participation in sustainability and environmental programming for specific segments of community, including schools, Corporate groups, businesses, civic organizations, and neighborhood associations.
- Plans, markets and implements presentations, exhibits, workshops, and rebate programs related to sustainability initiatives.
- Recruits, trains and supervises work activities of volunteers as necessary to meet established goals.
- Initiates design process and prepares presentations, press action requests, newsletters articles, brochures, flyers and other public awareness materials for sustainability education and outreach programs.
- Plans and implements community outreach activities including Environmental Community Awards Banquet and others as assigned.
- Maintains record keeping for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and tracks results documenting progress in reaching sustainability goals, including STAR Community reporting requirements, the sustainability metrics for the City of Plano Performance Portal and Comprehensive Plan goal attainment progress.
- Prepares information, writes and completes requirements for eligible grants and award applications.
- Facilitates and leads internal sustainability efforts including communication with city staff and implementation of identified initiatives.
- Participates in local, regional, and national organizations focused on sustainability objectives such as United States Green Building Council (national and local chapter), North Central Texas Council of Governments committees and North Central Texas Environmental Stewardship Forum.
- Completes other sustainability projects as identified and assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have broad working knowledge of sustainability issues, including, but not limited to, energy conservation, renewable energy, green building, and air quality issues, teaching and public education practices. Must have a basic understanding of municipal sustainability initiatives.
- Position requires effective persuasive presentation, verbal and written communication skills; skills in organizing events/activities; skills in networking and building partnerships; analytical skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Sustainability, Public Policy, Sustainable Planning, Communications, Environmental Education, Environmental Science or related field.
Two years of experience in program management, community outreach, or public presentations. Preferred experience in collecting and analyzing data related to municipal sustainability initiatives.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Texas Class ‘C’ Driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Applications accepted online only at: http://www.plano.gov/585/Employment