Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Friends of the Rappahannock
Friends of the Rappahannock (FOR) is a 501c3 watershed protection organization. FOR works to be the voice and active force for a healthy and scenic Rappahannock River. We accomplish this through three program pillars – advocacy, restoration, and education. FOR is seeking a part time, seasonal (20-25 hours/week) Environmental Educator to support our robust environmental education program. This will include classroom and outdoor education, including on-water programs and physical restoration work, as necessary. This position is located in our Fredericksburg, VA office.
- Support our Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience (MWEE) program in the middle Rappahannock region by providing in class visits to schools, leading outdoor field experiences and supporting student action projects
- Support our field trip program by leading outdoor day trips for students K-12
- Support our summer camp program leading week-long day programs for students K-8 through environmental education and river recreation programs
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Env. Education, Env. Science, Biology, Ecology, Natural Resource Management or related degree, OR relevant training and/or coursework
- Google suite/Microsoft Word/Excel proficient
- Strong working knowledge of watersheds and human impacts on watersheds
- Enthusiasm for working in an inclusive environment which serves children of all backgrounds and abilities
- Daily local travel necessary with some early mornings, late afternoons and occasional weekends and evenings
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Extremely organized, outgoing and personable
- Comfortable being outdoors in all weather
- Able to pass a background check
- Valid driver’s license required
- Degree in Education
- Minimum 3 years experience leading outdoor environmental education programs
- Classroom teaching experience in addition to outdoor teaching experience
- Experience leading Meaningful Watershed Educational Experiences
- Ability to drive company vehicles
- Classroom management skills indoor and outdoor
- Comfortable using basic tools, such as shovels and drills
- Paddling skills in canoes and/or kayaks
This is a part time hourly position. Pay rate is $15/hr. Anticipated start date is early Spring.
Friends of the Rappahannock is an equal opportunity employer. We are inclusive. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are always growing our partnerships and believe it takes a watershed to make a difference.
Willing to train the right candidate. Please send letter and resume to our Field Trip Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Start Date:
Monday, April 18, 2022
How to Apply:
This is a part time hourly position. Pay rate is $15/hr. Possibility for this position to become full-time.
(540) 373-3448 x. 113