Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, January 15, 2017, 5:00pm
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ultimately responsible for all aspects of the Center’s operations. Support leadership team with direction and resources for them to implement area of responsibility. Guide staff in developing policies, procedures, budgets and programs that fulfill the mission.
- Assure the development of a strategic planning process to identify needed changes in strategy and direction for the long term health and growth of Schlitz Audubon. Provides vision for the strategic priorities of the organization, including environmental education, Raptor Program, conservation, and visitor experience.
- Develop effective, measurable performance metrics for implementation throughout the organization.
- Promote an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, collaboration, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and a common vision.
- Collaborate with and support the Board of Directors in the development of an effective and motivated board, including identification, recruitment, training and involvement of members in meeting the goals of the organization.
- Oversee the financial operations of Schlitz Audubon Nature Center. With Director of Finance, develop financial business plans and forecasts in alignment with organizational strategy, and ensure sound financial and risk management practices are in place in order to maintain the organization’s financial strength.
- Work closely with the Development Director to set strategy for all fund-raising initiatives including annual and capital campaigns, capital projects, corporate gifts, major gift programs, foundation and grant requests.
- Identify and support the partners and resources required to implement 15-year Land Management Plan.
- Oversee the direction of a wide spectrum of education programs for people of all ages, including school, outreach, summer camps, and teacher education.
- Provide guidance to marketing and membership initiatives that grow organization and ensure a quality customer experience.
- Serve as the face of the organization, increasing awareness of and interest in Schlitz Audubon throughout the greater community.
- Foster continuing and new collaborations with conservation and education organizations, including other nature centers, National Audubon Society, nonprofit, and private sector organizations.
How to Apply:
Schlitz Audubon Nature Center has retained The QTI Group to conduct the search for its new Executive Director. The QTI Group is a comprehensive human resources advisory services firm founded in 1957. QTI is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin and has nine branch offices.
Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the completion of the search process in mid-January, 2017. Qualified individuals interested in being considered for the position are invited to apply by visiting: http://tinyurl.com/hqbsagf. Please include a cover letter and resume in one document. Electronic submission of applications and correspondence is strongly preferred. Inquiries and nominations can be submitted to the search firm representatives at the address or phone number listed below.
Kristin Dewey and/or Jennifer Winding
The QTI Group
702 East Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org / Jennifer.email@example.com