Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Farm to School Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, October 28, 2016, 12:00am
- Provide garden education in schools and at the Urban Roots’ Teaching Farm that builds an improved sense of academic engagement and preference for healthy fruits and vegetables.
- Lead/teach lessons in the classroom and on the Teaching Farm in accordance with provided curriculum and training;
- Develop lessons to improve existing curriculum;
- Assist schools with installation and maintenance of school gardens to be used as outdoor classrooms;
- Design/lead workshops to train volunteers to install/maintain school gardens
- Utilize and mentor interns & volunteers assisting with education programs;
- Design and lead teacher trainings on lessons and best practices to effectively use school gardens as a teaching tool;
- Provide workshops to community members to improve food security and increased knowledge of sustainable agriculture practices in our region.
- Lead/teach workshops at Urban Roots or partner organizations in accordance with established curriculum and training;
- Develop materials to improve workshops or provide new workshops with these topics as the focus;
- Implement and maintain sustainable agriculture practices to use hands-on training techniques within workshop and maintaining teaching supplies and spaces;
- Provide Urban Roots’ education program to students’ participating in partner organizations’ summer programming.
- Develop activities appropriate for the partner sites that follow the goals and structure of Urban Roots’ standard curriculum;
- Conduct lessons and activities at partner sites on a ‘roving’ basis;
- Maintain accurate records of students’ reached and impact of education program on those students.
How to Apply:
Apply through the Employment page from the Urban Roots website at www.urgc.org. Deadline for applications is August 7, 2015. For more information email/call Alisha at 775.453.4141.