Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Fishing Program Coordinator - Seasonal
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, February 26, 2017, 11:45pm
One program that the Fishing Program Coordinator - Seasonal would be involved in is the DenverFishing is Fun program. The purpose of this program is to connect children and their families to nature through fishing; Fishing is Fun teaches children and adults about fish and ecosystems, how to fish, and how to be good stewards of public lands.
- Assists rangers with coordination of the Denver Fishing is Fun Program.
- Develop and present educational programs throughout the City and County of Denver.
- Develop and continue external and internal partnerships.
- Coordinate with Denver Parks and Recreation Marketing and PR to develop and distribute promotional materials.
- Coordinate with Parks and Recreation Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and schedule volunteers.
- Utilize and distribute fishing supplies and equipment as appropriate.
- Assist rangers with various ranger duties.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate plus six (6) semester hours of college course work in public relations, natural resources, open-space or regulation compliance, or a directly related field.
One (1) year of experience assisting and monitoring the day-to-day operation of an organized educational program.
A combination of the appropriate type and level of education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
Licensure and/or Certification:
Possession of a valid Driver's License at the time of application. License must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Experience with outdoor educational programming.
- A Bachelor's in Natural Resources or directly related field.
- Knowledge and experience with fish and fishing techniques using various equipment.
- Experience in marketing and/or advertising.
- Experience working with children and/or teens.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
How to Apply:
To Apply: conduct a job search for Fishing Program Coordinator - Seasonal on our jobs site at www.denvergov.org/jobs , then open the job posting and click the "Apply" button in the top right corner of the posting.