Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Stewards Individual Placement Program (SIPP) provides individuals with service and career opportunities to strengthen communities and preserve our natural resources. Participants work with federal agencies, tribal governments, and nonprofits building institutional capacity, developing community relationships, and supporting ecosystem health. SIPP in partnership with the National Park Service are seeking an intern who will provide better maps and data to our region’s parks. Maps and data will also be provided to the public to enhance the visitor experience. One intern will work with parks to identify maps that can be improved by updating a broad range of data related to park operations, planning, resources, and facilities. The intern will update operational datasets and post maps on websites.
- Make sure the regional geographic datasets of operational data (trails, roads, buildings, points of interest) are standardized and accurate.
- Make maps for staff of parks and programs in the region to help with their day to day work.
- Make specific themed maps to be published on parks’ websites for easy access.
- Experience with ArcGIS for Desktop (ArcGIS Pro preferred)
- Experience viewing and editing GIS data, including opening attribute tables and manipulating attributes
- Experience creating cartographic products, including static and web products
How to Apply:
Apply on-line at: https://stewardslegacy.org/open-positions. In addition to your resume, please submit a one page cover letter highlighting why you are interested in this position and how your background and experience will help you succeed in this position. Preference given to applicants that submit application by 9/4/2020.
Stewards Individual Placements Program does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Position is eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $5,920 (pre-tax).
Living Allowance: $519/week (pre-tax)