Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Information & Communications Specialist I
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 5:00pm
Have you ever wondered what it might be like to work at an Aquarium? The North Carolina Aquariums at Pine Knoll Shores is seeking a dynamic, efficient and enthusiast individual to join our Communications Department as a Communications Specialist. This position will provide assistance to the Public Relations Coordinator in all marketing communications efforts for the Aquarium including marketing and promotions for the brand, programs, and special events.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with the public, media, and other audiences through social media, written press releases, website, printed materials, telephone, and individual contact.
- Develop and schedule content, engage with audiences, and monitor activity on social media platforms.
- Create, design, and collaborate on graphic design projects including but not limited to lobby posters, flyers, and ads for print and digital distribution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies: *To receive credit, all experience must be included in the work history sections. See attached resume will result in an incomplete application. Any information omitted from this application, but included in the resume, will not be considered for qualifying credit.*
In order to qualify for this position, you must meet ALL the following KSA's listed below:
- Experience with graphic design for creating advertising and promotional materials.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using Internet and social media sites for marketing.
- Experience with writing skills and editing information for press release.
- Experience with video editing and digital camera use.
- Customer service experience at an aquarium, zoo, museum or similar facility.
- Ability to move freely around the aquarium, behind the scenes and in natural areas.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid North Carolina driver's license or have the ability to obtain for employment.
- Requires evening, weekend, and holiday work as required.
***Persons interviewed for this position will be asked to take a writing skill and editing test and to provide a graphic design sample.***
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, public affairs, journalism, English, or related field from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application found here: Job Opportunities | Careers (governmentjobs.com)
Please be sure to complete the application in full. Note the following:
Resumes and cover letters: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application nor will it be considered for qualifying credit. "See Resume" or "See Attachment" will not be accepted with your application being rejected as incomplete. Cover letters are highly encouraged but not required.
Transcripts: Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and a copy of your transcripts indicating the degree received can be uploaded with your application. If the position you are applying for requires verification of classes taken for the position, then your transcripts must be uploaded to be considered.
Veterans Preference: To obtain veterans preference, you must scan and upload a copy of your DD-214 or discharge orders.
Americans with Disabilities: Applicants requesting an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are eligible to submit paper applications via mail or by fax. Please call the human resources office for assistance.
Please refrain from submitting multiple applications, however; If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the closing date will be accepted. Applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM on the closing date.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. Upon the closing date, applications are "Under Review" and will be screened by Human Resources for the qualified applicants. The hiring process may take an average of 6 – 8 weeks.
It is the policy of the State of North Carolina and the N.C. Department of Natural and Cultural Resources that all employees provide proof of employment eligibility (immigration and naturalization) on the first day of employment. We participate in E-Verify (Employment Eligibility Verification System).
If you are having technical issues submitting your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. If there are any questions about this posting, other than your application status, please contact the DNCR Human Resources Office.
North Carolina Aquariums
3125 Poplarwood Court, Suite 160
Raleigh, NC 27604
Please visit our website at www.ncaquariums.com for more information regarding our facilities.