Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
International Programs Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 6, 2022, 5:00pm
Broadreach is a leader in experiential programs abroad for middle and high school students. Over the past 26 years, more than 18,000 students have traveled with Broadreach to over 40 countries.
Our mission is to challenge students to broaden their perspectives through new experiences and environments, to inspire them to develop lifelong skills, to discover and explore their passions, and to empower them to reach beyond self-imposed limitations and take charge of their future.
Broadreach Instructors are expected to educate, mentor and inspire students every day. Broadreach Instructors also need to be energetic and empathetic role models who excel in building meaningful relationships with young adults. Managing health and safety, maintaining a positive attitude, leading games, participating in service-learning activities, teaching, developing students’ personal growth, facilitating inclusive group dynamics and demonstrating respectful travel are just a few of the many responsibilities of a Broadreach Instructor.
Broadreach Adventures are fun, rewarding and demanding. Each course is approximately three weeks long and is mentally and physically challenging. Our most successful instructors are positive, flexible, team players who are able to create a fun, cohesive and supportive community. Groups typically have 8 – 14 students and two Broadreach Instructors.
Contracts range from four to eight weeks in length from early June through mid-August.
Staff are required to attend staff training in Raleigh, North Carolina and then will be placed in a progam location based on skills and experience.
- Significant international travel experience.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification or the ability to obtain the certification. Broadreach hosts a WFR certification course on May 29 – June 2.
- Experience leading teens on multi-day programs in outdoor environments or outside of the U.S.
- Strong desire to work closely with teens and young adults to educate and support their growth academically, physically and emotionally.
- Group facilitation experience and an understanding of group dynamic and conflict resolution concepts.
- Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, able to work without direct supervision and adaptable to often changing, dynamic environments.
- Physically fit and comfortable participating in outdoor activities such as hiking, rafting, ziplining, etc.
- Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
- Strong organizational skills to manage budget, program expenses, student documents, etc.
- Great communication skills and a professional demeanor to serve as Broadreach ambassadors to our international partners throughout the world.
- Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, North Carolina the first week of June.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Significant international travel experience in Latin America and strong Spanish skills.
- Proficiency in the language spoken at the program location preferred for all programs.
- Program leading or experience working with teens or young adults outside of the classroom.
- Open availability from early June to mid-August increases chance of placement.
- Knowledge of host country and cultural norms or a willingness to learn and passion to share this information with students ideal.
- College degree preferred.