Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Interpretation, Education and Public Outreach Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, February 23, 2017, 12:00am
The intern will be spending the majority of time on writing and researching scientific and historic information to be used in the Parashant National Monument Mobile Application. Other duties will include public events and outreach, data entry, compiling information to be used in social media and assisting with other natural and cultural resource projects.
- Living Allowance: $9,520.00
- AmeriCorps Education Award*: $2,199.92
- Student Loan Forbearance**
- Paid Interest Accrual**
- Housing not provided
* AmeriCorps Education Award may be used for past, present or future educational expenses.
** On qualifying federal student loans
Starts February 2017 or upon availability for five months
St. George, UT. The Grand Canyon – Parashant National Monument is located in the northwest corner of Arizona, bordering Nevada to the west and near the southern border of Utah.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences preferred, such as: Natural Resources Management, Environmental Resources, Environmental Education, or related subject;
- Experience developing and implementing environmental education and outreach programs;
- Motivated, self-starter who is detail oriented;
- Flexibility to handle competing and changing priorities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public in a variety of forums;
- Ability to speak English and Spanish conversationally, desirable but not required;
- Ability to work in harsh and rapidly changing environments;
- Possess clean, valid, state-issued driver’s license; and
- Meet AmeriCorps eligibility requirements: (1) U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status, (2) eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award (limit of four in a lifetime or the equivalent of two full-time education awards), (3) pass National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) and federal criminal background checks, (4) Adhere to the rules, regulations and code of conduct as specified in the Member Service Agreement; and (5) Will not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the Member Service Agreement.
How to Apply:
Please visit our employment web page to apply directly through our online portal: http://crcareers.thegreatbasininstitute.org/careers/careers.aspx?rf=NAAEE&req=2017-ACI-013