Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Interpretive and Education Summer Intern ASSISTANT II
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, March 25, 2017, 12:00am
The Interpretive and Education Intern will support the implementation of the Interpretation and Education Plans for the Clackamas River and Pelton Round Butte Hydroelectric Projects through developing and delivering formal and informal interpretive programs at PGE’s parks and campgrounds.
To be eligible for PGE’s Summer Internship program, you must be at least 18 years old as of June 1, 2017 and have met one of the following criteria:
- A high school senior who has enrolled in a college or trade school;
- A current college or trade school student who is returning to college or a trade school in the fall of 2017 as a full-time student; – or -
- A recent 2016 – 2017 college graduate
You must provide verification of your student status by submitting your college transcript (an unofficial one is acceptable) or letter of acceptance to a college or trade school with your online application. You will have the opportunity to upload your documents during the online application process. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Qualified candidates should be currently enrolled at a college or university and seeking a degree in natural or cultural interpretation, history, environmental education, or recreation and resource management.
- Research, prepare and present evening campfire programs. (50%)
- Provide support to park staff by assisting with kids’ activities in the parks, special events, and providing informal interpretive programs. (20%)
- Provide communication to park staff and the public on upcoming park programs and events. (10%)
- Initiate outreach to agencies and organizations to host guest speakers for evening programs, providing support or materials as needed. (10%)
- Complete other tasks as assigned which may include assisting with campground and day use compliance and minor maintenance tasks. (10%)
- Good customer service skills and the ability to speak clearly to groups of varying age and ethnicity.
- Coursework in the natural sciences, history, education, interpretation, or related fields.
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge with others.
- Knowledge and experience using computers and related software.
- Valid driver’s license and demonstrated good driving habits.
Please note: Basic dormitory-style housing is available.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Staffing Services Contact: