Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Interpretive Specialist will develop and implement interpretive content for Mt. Cuba Center. This includes developing media, such as signage, brochures, tour content, and also programming for activities, such as guided tours, special events, roving interpretation and presentations.
This is a highly collaborative position that will work with key stakeholders in developing content that meets Mt. Cuba Center’s mission and also work to train staff to effectively utilize and deliver interpretive content. Additionally, as a member of the Visitor Experience Team, this position will support the department as needed by providing excellent service to our guests to ensure a remarkable experience!
A qualified candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Public Horticulture, Museum Studies, Plant Sciences, Environmental Education or a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in creating original interpretive content is required, preferably in a public garden, museum or related cultural institution
- Broad horticultural knowledge required; knowledge of plants native to the Eastern United States is strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage independent projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
- Willingness to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Exceptional computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Officer Suite
How to Apply:
Please apply on our employment webpage at http://mtcubacenter.org/employment/
Mt. Cuba Center offers competitive pay commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package including employer-matching 401k, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee discount program, and a balanced work-life environment. We are looking for highly collaborative team members that will help us deliver remarkable experiences to our guests and hold a passionate enthusiasm for their work.