Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 12:00pm
- Oversee kitchen preparations and the daily operations, including monitoring Camp Cook breaks.
- Responsible for nutritious menu planning for Outdoor School and Summer Science Camps groups of up to 170 participants, ensuring sustainable food practices.
- Coordinate all lunch preparations.
- Train Camp Cooks on kitchen operations, including equipment usage.
- Lead inventory control, food ordering, and daily prep task lists for Camp Cook
- Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment safety.
- Ability to adhere recipes to requested dietary needs and food allergies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills with self-initiative to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Working knowledge of menu planning, with an emphasis on vegetarian entrees and knowledge of dairy free, gluten free and vegetarian cooking recipes and techniques.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and food purchasing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education; minimum 1 year of coordination and project management skills; minimum 2 years of cooking in commercial kitchens
- Valid driver’s license and valid Oregon Food Handlers Certificate
- Must be at least 18 years old to operate, repair or clean power-driven food slicers, grinders, choppers and mixers.
- Must pass all pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, American
- Camp Association (ACA) background checks, and requirements in the MVR Polic including passing Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
- Hourly rate between $12.60 - $14.23 depending on experience.
- Competitive health benefits.
- Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
How to Apply:
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/113830.html to apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.