Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Lead Educator-Museum Floor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, February 2, 2017, 10:00am
INFINITY Science Center
Lead Educator for Museum Floor
Education Museum Floor Staff Lead
Director of Education
Salary: $13-15/hour, full-time, benefits
Active management of education floor staff, tram experience guides and volunteers. Lead teacher for submariner classroom and Science Saturdays.
- Four year college degree from accredited university
- Licensed/certified secondary level educator with emphasis in science, preferably physics and engineering OR
- Informal education degree with a science emphasis
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and professionalism when interacting with visitors, staff and volunteers
- Has the ability and willingness to follow oral and written instructions
- Possesses good work habits and is extremely dependable
- Is able to handle tense circumstances and keep a positive mindset
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Insatiably curious, willing to learn new things, and teach others of all ages.
- Demonstrates aptitude for assigned responsibilities
- Must be computer literate and skilled in Microsoft Office
- Possesses an eye for detail
- Has extensive problem solving skills
- Five years of education on various science topics in informal/formal education setting
- Volunteer management experience preferred but not required
Previous supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Create educational science activities for use on the science center floor by other education staff. Activities include stage presentations, demonstrations and hands-on science based experiences.
- Lead teacher for ROB Submariner Classroom includes class set up, teaching and all supplemental materials and upkeep.
- Responsible for Science Saturday classes including but not limited to actively teaching, hiring, training, and managing staff as well as program creation from idea to implementation.
- Provides information regarding activities at INFINITY Science Center to interested parties.
- Prepares periodic summaries of department activities for review by administrative personnel.
- Willingness and ability to work with others, to share and cross-train in order to promote the concept of “teaming” to insure quality and consistency in programming.
Contributes to office coverage:
- Management of floor education and tram experience staff including training and evaluation.
- Keeps track of exhibit metrics on attendance as well as maintenance troubleshooting and sterilization.
- Science center opening and closing of exhibits and lights
- Care and upkeep of floor demonstration materials.
- Science on a Sphere theater script creation and theater upkeep.
- Script creation for new walking tours, special exhibits and stage presentations, etc.
Management of Volunteer Program:
- Record Keeping
- Updates to keep volunteers informed
- Training of Volunteers
- Lab coats, key swipe cards and name tag tracking
- Creation of INFINITY University training manual to cover background on ALL exhibits.
- Assist with Professional Development Workshops and Home School Mondays
- Perform other duties and assume such other responsibilities as assigned.
- problem solving
- computer work
- oral communication
- lifting 50 lbs.
- working outside
- working inside in a loud environment and classroom setting
Terms of Employment:
Full time, Tuesday-Saturday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Occasional Monday work may be required
Must pass a standard drug test
Must pass a background check
The basis of the evaluation will be the extent to which the performance responsibilities of the job are successfully handles and the extent to which job goals are met. The Director of Education will perform the evaluation.
The INFINITY Science Center expects that all employees will perform assigned duties, diligently, professionally, and efficiently and in compliance with all policies and procedures as well as all federal and state laws.
NOTE: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities or the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at the present or in the future.
Contact: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The position is open until filled.
INFINITY Science Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INFINITY Science Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IFINITY Science Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of INFINITY Science Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
send resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org