Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Manager of Volunteers & Visitor Engagement
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 10, 2017, 6:00pm
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, environmental education or related field
- Three years of experience supervising day-to-day activities of staff or volunteers.
- Experience in recruitment, training, continuing education and assessment of volunteers or staff
- Experience in informal interpretation in a museum, park or zoo required
- Experience and comfort working with people of diverse ages, abilities, and socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds required
- Experience in youth development or management desirable
- Knowledge of Volgitics, Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Must be outgoing and creative and willing to interface with several WCS departments.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Schedule: Sunday - Thursday
Adult Volunteer Management:
- Manage a team of over 200 volunteers
- Oversee the roll-out of new volunteer “specialty” positions in field trips, family programs, on-the-park activities, and interpretation
- Actively recruit, orient, and train volunteers of diverse ages, abilities and socioeconomic and cultural background
- minhistrationeer structure tructure ople from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgroundother instututionss
- Create a welcoming, collaborative environment for all volunteers
- Produce guest interaction tracking, assessment and engagement reports as directed by the Curator of Education
- Work to staff tours to increase community engagement, revenue and reach.
- Organize and lead the WCS Education Coordinator of Volunteers meetings and additional conversations to align policies, procedures, and share best practices.
- Directly oversee the Youth Engagement Coordinator
- Support Coordinator and two Assistant Coordinators in science education training for youth
- Support Youth Engagement team in professional development opportunities through career readiness sessions and interdepartmental exchange.
- and leadsmic and cultural omoic and cultural backgroundsdes Attend meetings and maintain communication with Youth Engagement Team at all five WCS facilities through attending “Youth Engagement Community of Practice” sessions
Support Nature Trek:
- Work alongside the Curator, Manager of LI, Director of Visitor Services and EGAD to craft messaging at the new nature play area, Nature Trek
- Support Nature Trek Assistant Coordinator in the day-to-day oversight of seasonal staff & family, youth and adult volunteers
- Help to support family nature events in the park
- Support Manager of Live Interpretation and Youth Engagement Coordinator in creation of exhibit-based, hands-on science activities executed by youth
- Support Manager of Live Interpretation in design, development, and roll-out of on-the-park activities and interpretation executed by adult volunteers
- Works alongside the Curator of Education and Manager of Live Interpretation to coordinate all day-to-day operations of volunteers and youth staff in the park, to ensure a smooth, cost effective and efficient operation of all programs, including Discovery Stations, Nature Trek, Quests, tours, and special events.
- Submit and oversee budgets for all programs in conjunction with the Youth Engagement Coordinator.
- Ensure high quality communication between the Zoo and the team.
- Meet regularly with HR and Animal Depts. to ensure best practices and current animal information.
- Work alongside Curator of Education to support fundraising for volunteer programs through meetings and reports
All WCS Education staff are expected to contribute to, enlarge and uphold the Society’s policies toward the Equal Employment Opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers