Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Marketing and Public Relations Intern
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Keystone Science School
Keystone Science School’s strong brand is built on a longstanding reputation of providing high-quality educational and character-building programs to youth and adults for over 40 years. The Marketing and Public Relations Intern coordinates with the Marketing and Development team to execute the marketing and public relations goals of the organization, which includes working with a wide variety of media outlets and online marketing techniques including advertising, Search Engine Optimization, and partnering with other websites. The most successful candidate in this position is excited to learn, an excellent writer, and not afraid of communicating with a broad base of people through a wide variety of communication channels.
The Keystone Science School Marketing and Public Relations Internship is a developmental opportunity with the goal of mentoring future Marketing and Public Relations professionals. The internship is based on a two-tiered approach to include a mentoring component and multifaceted hands-on learning components. The selected intern will gain a deeper understanding and experience with organizational branding, event management strategies, communication techniques, marketing strategies, and donor management tools. Mentoring will happen through hands-on learning and in-depth interviews of leaders within the Summit County community.
Our ideal candidate will focus on the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- 50% Online Marketing
- Produce and create simple videos of our programs, interviews of participants, and other content for our website and social media outlets;
- Assist all KSS search engine optimization (SEO) strategies including writing blog posts, developing content for our website, and implementing several other SEO techniques;
- Gain an understanding of all KSS web traffic using Google Analytics and manage any online web based advertising campaigns.
- 50% Public Relations
- Establish a database of reporters and producers of media outlets using the software, Cision;
- Develop relationships with reporters and producers of all media outlets;
- With guidance, create press releases and provide content to media outlets with the goal of gaining press coverage for KSS and it’s programs;
- Understand the importance of and track all KSS coverage place on all media outlets.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 14, 2017
How to Apply:
Want to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now!
Please submit the Employment Application found on the Keystone Science School Employment Page at www.KeystoneScienceSchool.com/Employment. Please include your resume and cover letter. Application material will be accepted until the position is filled. For further information, please contact the Human Resources department at HR@KeystoneScienceSchool.org.
Keystone Science School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The KSS Marketing and Development Internship is a paid internship position starting at $10/hour and can include room and board for a $200 monthly deduction. The intern will also receive routine feedback through weekly face to face check-ins and mid-term and end-term reviews. Participation in this intern program does not guarantee an offer of employment at the conclusion of the program.