Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Membership Engagement and Communications Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, January 7, 2022, 5:00pm
The Member Engagement and Communications Coordinator will report to the Education and Content Director and will assist with member program development and coordination, membership development, and agency communications support. Time allocations are estimates, and will fluctuate with programmatic needs
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND COORDINATION (30%)
Plate to Politics (P2P): Responsible for coordinating and expanding WFAN’s leadership development and advocacy program, Plate to Politics, which seeks to train women to run for elected office and other leadership positions within their communities, as well as provide networking and advocacy tools for policy development and local engagement
Growing Community Resilience (GCR): Dedicated space for addressing emerging and ongoing social and ecological justice issues including racial reckoning, ongoing pandemic concerns, climate change grief, intersecting international events and more. The Membership and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for content curation, organizing community virtual calls, including scheduling, communications, managing Powerbase events, setting up Zoom meetings, and facilitation
Conference Coordination and Support: Responsible for providing annual conference support and coordination including, but not limited to, venue (online or in-person) selection, logistics, speaker and workshop coordination
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT (30%)
- Develop and implement communications strategies for increasing funding received from individual giving and cultivating individual donorship
- Work with the Development committee and Executive Director to co-create donations fundraising calendar
- Review and analyze membership, providing a monthly report and suggestions for opportunities
- Maintain the membership database, including removing duplicates, crafting renewal reminders and thank you letters/responses, coordinating with annual conference
AGENCY COMMUNICATIONS (30%)
- Co-create and implement an external communications strategy
- Develop content for program communications, including but not limited to: blog posts, social media posts, graphic design, emails, alerts, and interviews
- Cultivate and maintain communications with program participants
- Manage the firstname.lastname@example.org account answering and directing any inquiries
- Other tasks were created and assigned to match professional development objectives
- Assist with WFAN annual conference as needed
- A passion for and ability to communicate the mission, vision, and values of WFAN to a variety of audiences
- Commitment to anti-oppression work including anti-racist, pro-rural, gender inclusive, and LGBTIA+ supportive work
- Demonstrated understanding of sustainable and regenerative food systems
- Commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression work
- Strong writing skills and familiarity with using Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Zoom
- Works well in team settings and can cultivate partner relationships
- Relationship cultivation
- Extensive knowledge and experience with social media platforms
- Awareness of program budgeting and management processes
- Comfortable developing and presenting programs and/or workshops
- Strong administrative, organizational and multi-project management skills
- Is a flexible independent and team member who works collaboratively, shares responsibilities and supports and acknowledges colleagues’ contributions and can also work independently
- B.A. or B.S. or the equivalent of 3-5 years professional experience in sustainable agriculture, food systems and/or farmland conservation
- Multilingual capabilities valued, but not required
- A background in ecology, biology or related natural resources field, agriculture communication or coordination; or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Interest and passion for advancing cooperative and and/or other alternative models for land ownership, stewardship and succession planning
- Knowledgeable about Farm Bill and other applicable policies
- Knowledgeable about social justice and land equity initiatives and advocacy
Salary and Benefits:
The Member Engagement and Communications Coordinator is a full-time (40 hours per week) position, paying $37,250 to $48,425 DOE. WFAN employees receive health insurance coverage, PTO, retirement fund contribution and paid holidays. Final offer contingent upon BOD approval of position.
WFAN’s Gender Inclusivity Statement
Recognizing that building an ecological and just food system requires leadership and representation from diverse communities, WFAN aspires to create an environment that welcomes women and gender non-conforming people who are passionate about creating a better food system. WFAN is committed to using gender-inclusive and non-sexist language that affirms and respects how people describe, express, and experience their gender. As an organization whose work is rooted in dismantling patriarchal structures that exclude women in the food system, we deeply understand the importance of spaces that are inclusive to the experiences of individuals whose identities may not fit the gender binary, and/or who many not identify with the sex they were assigned at birth. Identities including trans, intersex, and genderqueer reflect personal descriptions, expressions, and experiences. We encourage network members to share their pronouns and names, and these gender identities and expressions will be honored by WFAN staff and in our network spaces.
WFAN is an equal opportunity employer. Women, non-binary individuals, people of color, and those directly impacted by the issues that WFAN is working to address are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send: a resume or CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by January 7, 2021. Please submit materials as one document, preferably a PDF. If you recently applied for WFAN’s Program Manager position, and would like your application materials to be considered for this role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know of your continuing interest in working with WFAN in this position.
For questions, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!