Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Native Landscape Crew
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:00pm
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Install native plants according to a landscape plan using tools like post hole diggers and digging bars.
- Install and maintain water wise irrigation systems. This occasionally includes trenching by hand.
- Install rain water harvesting features. This includes digging and placement of large, heavy rocks.
- Install fences, planters, and pathways. This includes digging and movement of large quantities of soil.
- Care for established landscapes by applying new mulch, weeding, removing thatch, etc. Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges. Gather and remove litter.
- Maintain, sanitize, and repair tools and equipment.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, post hole diggers, digging bars, rakes, saws, hedge trimmers, axes, etc.
- Operate powered equipment such as a skid steer, chain-saws, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Occasionally assist in the Back to Natives Nursery. Propagate native plants, provide excellent customer service, care for plants (including watering, weed control and pest management), update the inventory (including data entry), and maintain the grounds. Construct propagation tables, shade structures, irrigation systems, etc.
- Help restore habitat by helping with monitoring, removing invasive plant species, and seeding and planting with native plants.
Experience & Requirements:
- Must possess and retain a valid California Class C Driver's License (Special consideration for public transportation must be received during initial application process).
- Knowledge of locally native plants preferred, or willingness to learn.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work outdoors, even in inclement weather (heat, cold, or rain)
- Landscape (plants and hardscape) installation/maintenance experience preferred, but not required.
- Water wise irrigation installation experience preferred, but not required.
- Nursery sales or comparable retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Horticultural background preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Should be able to take direction and be energetic and personable with BTN clients and staff.
Days and hours vary. Must be able to work overtime during busy seasons. The position begins in October 2016.
How to Apply:
Apply: online at backtonatives.org – questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org