Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, January 20, 2017, 12:00am
Website:Lee County Conservation
Lee County Conservation is seeking applications for a Naturalist. This is a permanent, full-time position starting at $35,859.20 plus full health and dental benefits and IPERS state retirement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Naturalist/Environmental Education Coordinator to develop and present educational and recreational programs to the public and schools.
- Answer public inquiries regarding a variety of natural history and natural science topics.
- Provide assistance with newsletter.
- Help promote the department and its activities through the website, social media, and other forms of publicity.
- Be available for occasional weekend and evening work as needed.
- BA/BS in recreation, natural resources, environmental education, or related field.
- Minimum of six months teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach PreK-12 students and the public about conservation topics and outdoor activities.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A basic understanding of ecological principles.
- Familiarity with and the ability to teach a variety of recreational activities.
- Knowledge of environmental issues and concerns and the ability to interpret these for the public.
- The skills to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Knowledge of traditional and non-traditional techniques and goals used in the field of environmental education.
- Familiarity with the goals behind the Next Generation Science Standards, as well as new ideas on engaging citizens, young and old, with the natural environment.
Lee County Conservation strives to have an innovative and collaborative education program. We live in a time where youth and adults need more than just information about nature; they need to be inspired and reconnected to it if they are going to care about it. If you are that unique individual with a passion for teaching, with a love of the world around them, a sense of humor, an ability to connect with audiences of all ages, and full of fresh ideas, then you will probably be a great fit here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: