Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 5:00pm
Story County Conservation seeks a full-time naturalist to join a 6-person environmental education team, working with youth and the public, both in schools and in our parks. We engage the public with natural habitats in 30+ parks and natural areas, working to connect people with nature and improve natural resources.
Performs intermediate technical work developing, planning and conducting environmental education, informational, and interpretative programs and related written, audiovisual, and display materials for schools and teachers, youth and adult groups, service groups, general public and other community organizations and agencies, and related work as apparent or assigned.
- Develops, plans, and conducts environmental education, informational and interpretative programs for the county school districts, special populations, senior groups, and general public.
- Maintains environmental education materials and equipment.
- Provides resource information, materials and equipment to teachers, youth and adult leaders, service groups, general public and other organizations.
- Plans and develops multi-media materials; informational brochures, displays, exhibits, flyers, news releases,newsletters to promote environmental education programming.
- Develops, plans and conducts summer youth programs.
- Provides training for student interns, volunteers, seasonal naturalists and other employees assigned to the environmental education program.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with coursework in environmental education, conservation, or related field and moderate experience in environmental education, conservation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
Find additional information and how to apply: