Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Job Title: Naturalist Intern/Outdoor School
Reports to: Outdoor Education Center Director
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and lead hikes through Glen Helen Nature Preserve, utilizing the preserve as a teaching tool to meet academic standards.
- Support opperations of the Glen Helen Raptor Center by caring for resident birds of prey.
- Develop, organize, and lead large group activities.
- Applicants must have completed 2 years of college or quivalent experience.
- Applicants must be able to successfully complete First Aid and CPR training, as well as submit a federal and state background check.
- Successful candidates must be able to commit to the full duration of the program, beginning with training in mid-August 2017, and concluding with the end of Outdoor School in May 2018.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with children, preferable in a camp or educational setting
- Desire to work in an outdoor setting in variable conditions
- Knowledge in natural history, biology, ecology, and related fields
- Ability to hike up to 5 miles a day over rugged terrain
- Furnished room in one of three shared staff houses
- Meals provided weekdays
- Stipend, paid bi-weekly