Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Nature PlayScape Facilitator (Associate)
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Nature PlayScape Associate
Public Programs Coordinator
Seasonal (April - Oct), PT
Visitor Experience (Public Programs)
Flexible (<12 Hours/Week)
With specific direction from the Public Programs Coordinator and under the direction of the Public Programs Manager, welcome all visitors to the Nature PlayScape. Deliver enrichment opportunities to all visitors who come to the Nature PlayScape. Provide information utilizing excellent customer service skills. Work in a collaborative manner to execute all activities with the highest standards for safety, customer service, and in keeping with CNC Mission, Values, and Principles.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors to the Nature PlayScape
- Offer Trailside Ambassador activities
- Serve as an informational resource to visitors
- Monitor actions at the Mud Zone and all other areas of the Nature PlayScape and intervene when necessary
- Educate people on our conservation ethic
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Make routine maintenance checks on the PlayScape, pavilion and restrooms and coordinate with facilities any needed actions
- Help facilitate with research
- Provide group orientation on the weekends
These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned herein.
Education and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work with child of all ages and their families.
- Commitment and ability to articulate CNC Mission
- A sense of humor, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability and desire to learn
- Must pass a background check and remain current on First Aid/CPR
- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel and other related software
The work is performed on-site, outdoors in the Nature PlayScape.
Local travel may be required. Some travel to regional conferences may be required. When a Nature Center vehicle is not available, the use of personal vehicle (reimbursed at IRS recommended rate) may be needed for Cincinnati Nature Center business.
This position requires the following physical activities: pushing, pulling, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website to apply: