Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Nature Preschool Office Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, April 15, 2017, 11:00pm
The Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is a nature-based preschool operated by the Outdoor Discovery Center Macatawa Greenway (ODCMG). The ODCMG a nonprofit organization focused on educating children and families about our natural resources, providing educational programming throughout West Michigan. The ODCMG, which has been in existence for nearly 17 years, manages over 500 acres of property. The preschool is located on the ODC Nature Preserve. The Little Hawks Discovery Preschool provides preschool opportunities for children aged 3-5, building academic skills within a unique natural environment with an emphasis on nature based inquiry and outdoor exploration.
The Office Manager will work with the Little Hawks Discovery Preschool staff to deliver high quality customer service to families, assist with managing the preschool, organize necessary documents and support the teaching staff as needed.
Organization and Office Management:
- Greet and answer questions of families daily.
- Partner with Program Administrator in organizing necessary licensing, enrollment and student/family file documentation.
- Assist with tuition payment record keeping and coordination with ODCMG business office.
- Assist teaching teams with snack preparation, cleaning of classroom items, and support as needed.
- Answer phone calls in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Supervision and evaluation will be provided by Preschool Program Director
- Associate's degree, professional certificate or higher in business, communications or related field.
- Two or more years of experience in a position requiring office management, working with customers, or similar position.
- Demonstrated skills/experience in creating/maintaining a friendly, helpful, safe and efficient reception/office area.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated interest in young children and families.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in nature and being outdoors
- Willingness to spend a significant amount of time outdoors each day, in all types of weather
- Demonstrated good character, responsibility and suitability to meet the needs of children and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently
- Must pass complete background check, including fingerprinting
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR (if not currently held, may be acquired)
This position requires the following physical activities: pushing, pulling, climbing, walking, standing, squatting, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, lifting, bending, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work/teaching is performed indoors and outdoors.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Docs applications and the operation of general office equipment
These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned above.
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent to:
Travis Williams, Executive Director
Outdoor Discovery Center Macatawa Greenway
4214 56th Street
Holland, MI 49423
Timeline: Applications should be submitted by April 1, 2017
Job starting date: No later than August 1, 2017