Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 5:00pm
Website:Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society
- Perform duties to assist the Executive Director in daily activities.
- Manage the cash flow for the office and nature shop, including budgeting, bills, and accounting. Produce a monthly report for the Executive Director. Manage inventory, purchasing, sales and promotion for Nature Shop, including books on birding and nature, children’s books, bird feeders, bird seed and other miscellaneous chapter or wildlife merchandise.
- Work with the Executive Director and Outreach Coordinator to help facilitate fundraising events, acknowledge gifts and donations, and maintain the database for these activities.
- Maintain membership database with help from volunteers, including entering monthly updates from NAS and new subscriptions, and sending renewal notice to subscribers. Also work with Membership Committee on recruitment projects.
- Attend monthly General Meetings and socialize with members. Help volunteers organize and/or attend chapter special events such as Wildlife Education Day and the Christmas and Summer Bird Counts. Work hours are somewhat flexible.
- Work with Outreach Coordinator in training and supervising volunteers in Nature Shop, Office and other programs.
- Act as a liaison with the Outreach Coordinator and the Executive Director’s planning committee to advise content for submissions and prepare mailing list for each publication (every other month).
- Respond to questions and requests for information from members and the public regarding birds, wildlife and related environmental issues.
- Assemble agenda for monthly board meetings, distribute board packets, prepare monthly report on chapter activities, and attend monthly board meetings.
- Complete annual chapter certification report; work with National regarding membership and other issues.
- Strong organizational skills with good English speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong team-building and communication skills.
- Experience in budgeting and office management with some knowledge of bookkeeping essentials.
- Experience in working with volunteers and interacting with the general public.
- Familiarity with Apple computers. (Software most often used includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Quickbooks, and DonorSnap database-management software.)
- Availability to work two evenings per month plus other occasional evenings or weekends.
- Must have a valid California Drivers License and vehicle with proper insurance.
SECONDARY QUALIFICATIONS THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL:
- Familiarity with bird-watching and interest in native birds/wildlife and habitat protection.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Previous office management and/or shop merchandise sales experience.
COMPENSATION: Salary range is from $35,000 - $37,500 based on experience.
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
How to Apply:
Please send a resume with cover letter by May 31, 2016 to:
Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society
Attn.: Executive Director
22221 McClellan Rd.
Cupertino, CA 95014 FAX: (408) 252-2850
Any chosen applicant for this position will have a background check as a requirement for employment by SCVAS.
For questions or more information please contact Ralph Schardt at 408.252.3748.
This position is currently open and resumes will be accepted through May 31st, 2016. The starting date is June 1st.