Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 11:00pm
Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
The Director of Operations (DO) reports to the Yosemite Campus Director and leads all aspects of Yosemite campus operations for our residential Environmental Science programs. The DO is responsible for successful execution of all program logistics and exceptional customer service. The job involves overseeing onsite operations in multiple campus locations within Yosemite National Park. The DO works closely with all departments and Directors to support collaboration across the organization.
This position takes place at our campus in Yosemite National Park and requires regular attendance on campus, but allows for some work to be done remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Ensure smooth program delivery and implementation by developing and supporting logistical systems.
- Establish and maintain respectful, supportive and compassionate relationships with staff, volunteers and participants.
- Identify opportunities to optimize business processes and systems across teams; determine priorities, create project plans, lead and manage implementation with campus and department partners.
- Oversee onsite operations in multiple campus locations within Yosemite National Park.
- Lead campus use of Salesforce.
- Manage and help develop annual budgets
- Partner with Risk Management to ensure the safety and security of staff, schools and programs.
- Maintain productive working relationships with key National Park Service management and oversee NatureBridge operations with the Yosemite National Park Concessionaire.
- Oversee the hiring, training and supervision of Operations staff that includes 1-2 Operations Managers and 4-8 Site Managers and Evening Managers dependent on site needs; provide backup support as needed for each direct report.
- Ensure a high level of customer service for all customer groups, solicit and respond to feedback
- Oversee contracts, maintenance and use of all administrative equipment and supplies.
- Develop the On-Call Manager schedule and serve in the On-Call Manager rotation.
- Respond as needed to the campus urgent response system on weekends and evenings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- $58-60,000 annual salary
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation, training days, and sick leave.
Who You Are:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills who prioritize creating positive relationships and culture in the workplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Exceptional professional integrity and commitment to NatureBridge’s mission.
- Five or more years of experience in nonprofit management or school administration, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Previous experience leading and developing teams and individuals across multi-functional areas.
- Proven project management skills; able to keep track of logistical details with excellent planning and execution ability
- Strong technical skills in technology platforms, Microsoft office suite, Salesforce and other database management systems
- Willingness to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
*All NatureBridge Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Final shot must occur 15 days or more before the start date. Here is the link to our full policy: NatureBridge COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You must also pass a background check in order to be eligible for employment.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team?
- We are a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment
- You will get to work in a beautiful natural setting with other dedicated staff who are passionate about the environment
- Work in a tight-knit, supportive community
How to Apply:
Submit your application to our Online Career Portal (link). Please include a resume and cover letter addressed to Jen Latham (Ms.), Campus Director, that addresses how your skills and experience set you up for success in this position.