Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Instructor
Outdoor Education Field Instructors - Full-time seasonal positions available August 15th - November 18th, 2022. Part-time shifts are also available throughout the season.
Come spend a season working outside with the youth of Ohio. You will go hiking, canoeing, teach STEAM curriculum, and learn to facilitate the ropes course. Build relationships with students by leading teambuilding, campfires, and sometimes staying in the cabins with campers.
Pay starts at a minimum of $500/Week with the following benefits: On-site housing, food when working with clients, and access to our facilities including laundry, internet, the Mohican state park trails, two lakes, two rock walls, and two high ropes courses.
Part-time shifts in the morning (8am-3pm) and evening (3pm-10pm) are also available for $12/hr as well as overnights for $50/night supervising a cabin.
Salaries increase with additional qualifications, including: WFA/WFR, ACCT Level 1 or 2, teaching license, master's degree, or canoe instructor certification.
Nestled in the beautiful Mohican State Forest region of Ohio, Nuhop is hiring Field Instructors to join our growing team. Instructors will teach and lead outdoor education sessions through:
- Guiding hikes
- Approaching learning and engagement through a multidisciplinary teaching approach
- Engaging students in environmental curriculum
- Facilitating challenge course and adventure programming
- Promoting social and emotional learning
Candidates will be:
- Driven and motivated to serve
- Flexible and able to thrive in a team setting
- Kind, honest, and positive role models for the students and districts Nuhop serves
- Equipped to instruct with compassion
- Ready to challenge themselves to learn and grow
- Inspired by Nuhop’s mission and focus leading to professional outcomes.
Candidates need to be comfortable working outdoors, excited about teaching, and able to pass a background check. This is the perfect job for recent college graduates, prospective teachers, students invested in a gap year process, professionals in environmental studies and retired educators.
The position will require evening and overnight duties throughout the season. Meals and on-site housing, internet and laundry are included as part of the full time seasonal contract.
Nuhop is a 501 c 3 organization founded in 1974. A regional leader in experiential learning, Nuhop is diversified in its program offerings. Nuhop’s major areas of focus are:
- Outdoor education programs developed for middle level students.
- Residential summer camp programs for children that are identified as neurodiverse ie. austistic children and children with learning disabilities, ADHD, ODD, and more.
- Team building programs for high school, middle school, and college aged students and groups.
- Experiential learning and team development programs for non-profit organizations, corporations, teachers, and government agencies.
- Challenge Course Programs
- Rental and retreats for outside user groups.