Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Naturalist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Point Bonita YMCA
Naturalist II is responsible for teaching and maintaining the safety of up to 16 students while exploring themes of environment, history, community and wellness in the Marin Headlands. Naturalists develop an environmentally-based curriculum that emphasizes environmental and cooperative outdoor activities for students grades K-12, from a variety of socio-economic, cultural, geographic and educational backgrounds. The position requires the physical ability to participate in strenuous activities and the knowledge and skill to lead and educate while making learning fun!
- Must have some some knowledge in the following areas: general ecological concepts, natural and cultural history, geology, team-building, story-telling, social and environmental health.
- Programs run 1-5 days and Naturalists must be available for the entire program.
- Be available to work some nights and weekends.
- Experience working with youth, teens, and adults required.
- Experience using effective teaching techniques with students in any grade K-12.
- Bilingual Spanish language skills preferred.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certificates required. Wilderness First Aid and Wilderness First Responder preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
Position Start Date:
Monday, September 12, 2016
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to the Director of Outdoor Education at email@example.com.
$13/hr. Limited housing available- food available during programming. YMCA membership.