Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Recreation Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, December 10, 2016, 11:00pm
There is one vacancy for a permanent limited part-time outdoor recreation instructor at Latta Plantation Nature Center in Huntersville, NC. Hours for this position are 15-20 per week on a varied schedule that includes most weekends.
- Develop and present outdoor recreation programs to groups of all ages.
- Assist with the maintenance and operations of a public nature center.
- Lead weekend outdoor recreation programs, including kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, off-road Segway tours, Boy Scout badges, and outdoor skills courses.
- Assist with the care and maintenance of outdoor program equipment.
- Assist with special events, animal care, and other tasks as assigned.
- Qualified applicants must have or be presently enrolled in a BS/BA degree in one of the following fields: parks, recreation & leisure, natural/environmental sciences, environmental education, or related field.
- Applicants must have a strong desire to work with children and adults in an outdoor setting, be able to hike 3-5 miles on unpaved trails, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with paddle sports is required; current ACA certification in kayak and/or SUP is preferred.
- Current first aid and CPR certification and knowledge of the flora and fauna of the Piedmont region of North Carolina is a plus.
- Position requires a valid NC or SC driver’s license.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Send your cover letter, resume, and a list of applicable college coursework by fax or e-mail to:
Nature Center Manager, Latta Plantation Nature Center
6211 Sample Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
Phone: (704) 947-3069
Fax: (704) 875-1394