Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Part Time Early Childhood Environmental Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 30, 2017, 11:30pm
- Experience working in customer service related fields; a degree in Environmental Science, Education, or related Natural Sciences is a plus
- Experience working with pre-school aged children is preferred but not necessary
- Must be a team player with creativity, imagination, and energy
- Must have good communication and inter-personal skills
- Must possess a strong interest and enthusiasm about the environment and a desire to share that appreciation of nature with children and families
- Physically able to engage with children in the outdoors; some physical work required
- Must be available at least one weekend day a month to be considered for this position.
- Facilitate Nature Play in Grasshopper Grove:
- Help children to get started engaging in creative outdoor play
- Communicate nature play philosophy to visitors through informal discussion and by sharing literature
- Set up and clean up nature play elements (brushes, shovels, scarves, toys)
- Oversee conditions of play area to maintain safety
- When Visitors Center is not staffed, greet general visitors to the Outdoor Discovery Center.
Grasshopper Birthday Parties (outdoor):
- Coordinate party details with families who have booked parties
- Prepare and set up party materials, and assist family upon their arrival
- Collect a local insect or reptile from pond or trail on-site for a short presentation to children at the party
- Assist in party clean-up
- Collect entrance fees for Grasshopper Grove and money from gift shop sales
- Orient visitors with Outdoor Discovery Center and rules of the nature play area
Position carries a wage consistent with the staffing of a non-profit organization and commensurate with experience and skills.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to the Kristen O’Hara at email@example.com. No calls please.