Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, August 1, 2016, 11:45pm
Redwing Pond House Nature Preschool
The Redwing Pond House (RWPH) nature preschool has an immediate opening for a Director to provide overall administrative and educational leadership. The Director reports to the FANCI Executive Board or a designee, and works full-time (40 hours/week) on a year-round schedule.
- Oversee all day-to-day operations of the nature preschool.
- Hire, train, and supervise all other nature preschool staff including the attendance of nature-based professional development conferences by all employees of the RWPH.
- Plan, assess, and continually improve the preschool’s nature-based curriculum
- Support the safety, well-being, and healthy development of all enrolled children.
- Assure compliance with all relevant governmental regulations.
- Assure regular and effective maintenance and cleaning of the Redwing Pond House and its environs.
- Serve as a head teacher for at least half of the preschool classes.
- Engage regularly with parents, nature center staff, nature center volunteers, and City of Ansonia staff and officials.
- Prepare and manage the annual operating budget
- Plan and oversee RWPH summer camp and serve as lead teacher throughout camp sessions.
- Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the RWPH gardens, landscaping, and playgrounds
- A passion for educating and nurturing children ages 3-5
- A love of nature and teaching outdoors, along with an eagerness to learn how to work with animals and wildlife within an educational setting for children and families.
- Bachelor’s degrees in early childhood education required
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in preschool teaching, other early childhood educational duties, or closely related experience.
- Skills in planning, personnel management, budgeting, and team building.
- Ability to pass a background and criminal check.
- Meets all Connecticut requirements for preschool Director and Head Teacher, or is willing to acquire all needed qualifications within a predetermined timeframe after being selected for the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Proficiency with word processing and use of social media.
- CPR and First Aid certification, as well as medicine and epi-pen administration (must remain current).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to easily traverse varied terrain and trails, and to maintain a high level of energy through very full work weeks.
- Advanced degree in related field
- At least 2 years’ experience as a preschool Head Teacher or Director
- First-hand experience with teaching and/or designing environmental education programs.
- Basic website maintenance skills
How to Apply:
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and copy of relevant certifications to email@example.com