Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Program Director/El Ranchito Director:
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, July 15, 2017, 5:00pm
Outreach and Education
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with Shield Ranch partners, volunteers and community members.
• Inspire, develop and manage outreach programs and events on the ranch consistent with the SRF strategic plan.
• Create ranch experiences, trail guides, and interpretation for visitors to the ranch.
• Develop and maintain risk management plans for SRF programs.
• Ensure procedures and protocols are in place to provide for the health and safety of all program participants.
• Conduct presentations and tours of the ranch for various groups.
• Make presentations about SRF programming in the community.
• Maintain records documenting use of the ranch by outside groups (dates, program, number of participants, etc.).
• Create volunteer and internship programs to assist with education and outreach programs.
Camp El Ranchito
Manage all aspects of El Ranchito including Nature Discovery Camp, Conservation Corps and the Gulf Coast Expedition:
• Planning – Work with SRF Trustees and Executive Director to chart the next decade for camp including
the development of permanent facilities, deeper engagement and extended experiences for campers and
• Personnel – Oversee hiring and training of all camp staff. Support and empower camp directors.
• Camper Recruitment - Oversee registration process and efforts to recruit campers who fit the El
Ranchito Camper Profile.
• Programs and Curriculum – Oversee the development of a robust curriculum of the highest quality that
is “extraordinarily fun,” educational, and age appropriate.
• Health and Safety – Ensure that camp is a safe environment. Oversee the annual review and revision of
all policy and training procedures and materials relating to the health and safety of campers and staff.
• Risk Assessment – Oversee the annual review of all aspects of camp operations (site issues,
transportation, activities, etc.) that present risks to campers and liability exposure to El Ranchito.
• Administration – Manage partner agreements, develop budgets and manage financial reports, ensure that
foundation administrative activities are well organized and that records are properly maintained.
• Marketing/Public Relations/Fundraising – Manage website, serve as a spokesperson, develop
• Demonstrated and passionate commitment to conservation and environmental education
• Working knowledge of regional flora and fauna
• Minimum undergraduate degree required
• Minimum of six years’ experience preferred in the fields of informal science education, environmental
education, camp management and/or outdoor recreation
• Demonstrated and passionate commitment to serving youth
• Demonstrated skills in the area of management and supervision of staff
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Attentiveness and experience with matters of safety, risk and liability
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
• Current certification for child safety protection, CPR first aid and wilderness first aid training
(opportunity for this training will be provided)
• Criminal background check required
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with education and experience
• Health insurance
• Paid vacation
• Cell phone allowance
• Mileage reimbursement
Office located in Bee Cave, TX
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter and three references via email to email@example.com