Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Program Services Specialist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, July 3, 2017, 5:00pm
School Field Trip Instruction and Program Support
- Coordinate Schools Sustainability Associates (SSAs) in conducting Education Center field trips for 4th-high school classes, schools-based and community groups located at the Davis Street Transfer Station and Fremont Transfer Station.
- Coordinate SSAs to assist with ongoing maintenance of on-site worm bins, sheetmulch projects, Biostack compost bin and Bay- Friendly garden as needed.
Schools-Based Community Outreach Coordinating & Program Support
- Acts as Environmental Education liaison, responding to external requests for program information and supporting school and community-based outreach between StopWaste and school stakeholder community as needed.
- Co-leading and supporting SSA training, supporting School Sustainability Associates and Associate Project Leaders in scheduling and coordinating or providing direct program outreach to K-12 schools and other institutions.
- Co-leading curriculum development and stakeholder training Maintains and updates the fixed asset system.
Student Action Project instructional support and in-class Teacher Training
- Facilitate and make presentations and/or demonstrations of sustainability principles and methods of environmental education instruction, classroom instruction with a variety of hands-on lessons which may include setting up; maintaining and harvesting a worm composting bin; food waste reduction, alternatives to plastic bags, etc., and provide age-appropriate examples of reduce, reuse, recycle, and compost for students.
- Facilitate hands-on activities and student-led action projects that encourage the adoption of sustainable behaviors at school and at home.
- Assist with classroom set-up and clean-up including preparing participating classrooms, lesson props and visuals, and pre-and post- lesson materials for teachers.
- Order, compile, maintain and distribute classroom materials and kits.
- Assist with Teacher Trainings and other school events.
Classroom & School Sustainability Technical Assistance
- Assist students and teachers with auditing school and home waste streams; and calculating sustainability measures at school and at home using sustainability calculators.
- Assist with program development and administrative functions.
- Assist with community outreach strategic plan implementation of the Stop Food Waste and Lose Your Lawn Campaigns in schools and in the community which includes community and member agency workshop presentations and tabling at county events.
- Assist with Lose Your Lawn project, physically converting lawns to sheetmulch ecosystems in schools, residences and civic landscapes.
- AdministrativeAssist with teacher registration process including teacher recruitment, registering and confirming presentations, assembling teacher confirmation packets, copying handouts, compiling program materials, and communicating with teachers or schools by phone, fax or email.
How to Apply:
Applications and correspondence will be accepted through email. Please email the following documents to email@example.com and include the position title “Program Services Specialist” in your cover letter and email subject line.
Cover Letter referencing the position title
The required application can be downloaded at www.stopwaste.org/job-application. Application packets may also be dropped off or mailed to the StopWaste office:
ATTN: Program Services Specialist
1537 Webster St.
Oakland, CA 94612
Deadline for the receipt of applications is 5:00 p.m. Monday, July 3, 2017.