Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 16, 2021, 5:00pm
Website:Project Specialist at EcoRise
EcoRise inspires a new generation of leaders to design a sustainable future for all. Our school-based program empowers more than 300,000 youth each year to tackle real-world challenges in their schools and communities by teaching eco-literacy, design, and social innovation. If you are dynamic, self-driven, and ready to be part of something meaningful, we invite you to contribute your skills, ideas, and voice to our team.
The Project Specialist will be primarily dedicated to Gen:Thrive, an initiative aimed at scaling sustainability education, environmental justice and climate resilience in K–12 schools across the country. Gen:Thrive utilizes GIS mapping and data visualization to build coalitions at the local, state and national level and identify strategies for effectively serving our most vulnerable communities. EcoRise seeks a full-time Project Specialist who will lead community outreach and communications, data management, technology development and partner coordination. This individual will work closely with the Chief Innovation Officer and the Communications & Design Manager of EcoRise, as well as our technology team, and many corporate, university and municipal collaborators.
- Communications & Community Engagement: Advance project awareness and public engagement by producing storytelling and social media content, presenting at conferences, expanding network alliances, and coordinating regional convenings with community partners to foster engagement and solicit authentic feedback.
- Partner Coordination: Support and facilitate collaborative projects and relationship building across a wide variety of partners including government agencies, school districts, universities, corporate partners, professional networks, and social impact organizations.
- Data Management: Lead data collection efforts in Texas and support efforts with state partners across the country. Clean and prepare data for mapping and visualization.
- Technology Development: Support our team of technology partners, ensuring our mapping and data visualization tools are well-designed and responsive to community needs.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- 4+ years relevant experience in project management, communications, community engagement, and data management
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that help represent and reach racially, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Strong technology and computer literacy skills, including social media management, GIS mapping, and data visualization
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail, with a high level of autonomy and self-accountability
- Self-driven personality, disciplined, and comfortable with ambitious, adaptive work culture
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, ask thoughtful questions, and give and receive feedback
- Enthusiastic and deeply dedicated to the vision and principles of EcoRise and the Gen:Thrive initiative
- Expertise in climate resilience, environmental justice, green workforce development and/or climate policy
- Proficiency in the following technology tools: ArcGIS, Salesforce, InDesign, WordPress, video editing software
- Working knowledge of data science, architecture, and analytics.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and technical skills required of personnel so classified.
How to Apply:
Visit EcoRise to submit an application.
TIMELINE & COMPENSATION
Full time position in a remote work environment starting immediately. EcoRise offers all employees an excellent benefits package including health insurance; parental leave; 401k; quality-of-life stipends; a flexible work schedule; and the opportunity be part of a dynamic, purpose-driven, and joyful team. Salary range is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, based on experience. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, April 16th.
EcoRise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
Compensation: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year