Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Residential Programs Summer Counselor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 12:00am
Counselors will facilitate (or assist instructors as they facilitate) traditional camp activities, such as archery, swimming, kayaking, campfires, and skits. Counselors will supervise campers during all cabin times (both day and night) and at meal times.
Counselors will be directly responsible for providing a safe, educational experience to all our resident campers. Counselors are supervised by the Program Coordinators and Camp Director. Join a staff that is committed to constantly improving our outstanding outdoor education programs!
- Facilitate large and small group summer programs (day and evening)
- Keep campers safe at all times
- Be able to work with and assist instructors with program delivery
- Provide overnight supervision to SNJ resident campers
- Lead meals and sing songs before meals
- Clean cabins, inventory program supplies, and participate in debriefs after each program
- Support campus operations as assigned (maintenance, food service and housekeeping)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18-years-old
- A passion for working with children and making a difference!
- Ability to work irregular hours and days/nights in order to meet group needs
- Experience working with children in a formal or non-formal setting
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and have a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to live and work positively with other staff members
- Comfortable being 50 feet in the air on a challenge course
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and hike
For more information about Sierra Nevada Journeys please visit www.sierranevadajourneys.org
How to Apply:
Please apply online: https://sierranevada.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App