Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Rivers2Lake Education Mentor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 22, 2018, 5:00pm
The Rivers2Lake Education Mentor position is offered cooperatively by a partnership between the Superior Rivers Watershed Association in Ashland, WI, and the Lake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve in Superior, WI. Superior Rivers Watershed Association (SRWA) Executive Director is the on‐site manager for this position. The program manager is the Lake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve Education Coordinator. This position is funded through a grant from the NOAA Bay Watershed Education Training program (B‐WET).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Arrange and conduct bi‐monthly in‐school meetings with Rivers2Lake teachers to assist them in planning, integrating, teaching, and evaluating outdoor and inquiry based learning in their classrooms (30%) 2. Model for and support educators as they develop cross‐curricular outdoor and inquiry‐based learning activities that incorporate Lake Superior and freshwater estuary topics. (20%) 3. Assist teachers in planning and conducting Rivers2Lake student field experiences (20%) 4. Assist the Lake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve Education staff in planning and organizing meaningful professional development activities for enrolled Rivers2Lake teachers. (10%) 5. Create and maintain positive collaborative relationships with teachers, school administrators, students and community members from diverse backgrounds. (throughout duties) 6. Collaborate with Rivers2Lake partners (including the National Park Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, Great Lakes Aquarium, UW‐ Superior, and others) in program planning (5%). 7. Represent the Rivers2Lake Education Program and Superior Rivers Watershed Association at various venues and public events (5%).
1. Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental/outdoor education, or related discipline.
2. At least two years’ experience as an educator in or with public schools (formal or non‐formal
3. Experience using outdoor and inquiry‐based methods of education.
4. Experience collaborating and building strong mutual partnerships with diverse people and
5. Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Salary: The Rivers2Lake Education Mentor position is a 28‐hour/week position with an hourly wage of $19.50/hour. Mileage is reimbursable from office to participating schools.
Starting/Ending Date: This project position runs from July 30, 2018 through June 7, 2019. The position may be renewed the following school year if funding is available.
How to Apply:
A full position description is available at http://lakesuperiorreserve.org/about-lake-superior-reserve/careers/
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references in PDF format to Tony Janisch, Superior Rivers Watershed Association Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 22, 2018. Emailed applications are strongly preferred. If you are not able to email your application, please mail application materials to Tony Janisch, Superior Rivers Watershed Association, PO Box 875, Ashland, WI 54806.