Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
School Program Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 12:00pm
- Support teachers to help prepare students for field trips to the lagoon.
- Provide guidelines and support classroom conservation projects.
- Serve as liaison between teachers and conservancy staff and watershed partners.
- Assist in curriculum revisions and development.
Weekend and after school programs
- Initiate, cultivate, and retain relationships with school ecology clubs.
- Increase opportunities for students and their parents to become engaged in restoration and clean-up events throughout Escondido Creek watershed. Coordinate and oversee organization of weekend event themes, logistics, and timelines.
- Serve as liaison with key partners throughout Escondido Creek watershed.
Administration & Reporting
- Assist in data collection for program evaluation.
- Support Education Director in grant writing and reporting.
- Maintain accurate records of program activities and events.
- Contribute articles, links, and photos to Conservancy newsletters and social media.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Multiple subject teaching credential and teaching experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaker.
- Background in ecology, environmental science or natural history.
- Previous experience working for a non-profit organization.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of students, teachers, and parents.
- Strong written, communication, and organizational skills.
- Available to work on average two weekends/month.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, and professional reference contact information by August 30, 2016 to: email@example.com.