Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
School Programs Coordinator, September-June
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, September 8, 2016, 12:00pm
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- With Program Coordinator, meet and greet incoming school groups; orchestrate flow of groups through the Adventure Garden. Create daily assignments and coordinate logistics for staff and volunteers based on program needs.
- With Program Coordinator, schedule and supervise school program team which includes Interns, Instructors, and Adult Volunteers.
- Manage school supplies inventory, informing ECAG Coordinator when items need refinement or replenishment.
- Model for and mentor staff, volunteers and Intern Explainers in applying best practices in outdoor science teaching techniques with visiting school groups.
- Provide on-site instruction for school groups, as needed.
- Assist Program Coordinator with other duties as needed.
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday, 9am-3pm beginning September 13, 2016 - June 23, 2017
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Museum Education, Environmental Education or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Master-level teacher with experience teaching science, preferably outdoors, to early childhood and elementary-aged children
- Ability to mentor seasonal staff in best teaching process necessary, as well as mentoring adult and teen volunteers, prior experience preferred
- Leadership skills required and supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Significant organizational skills required
How to Apply:
Upload resume and cover letter to HR web portalhttp://www.nybg.org/employment/listing.php?id_employment_listings=1788