Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Science Resident Teacher
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 23, 2018, 8:00am
The New Teacher Institute at Town School for Boys is seeking a full-time Science Resident Teacher for the 2018-20 school years. Our two-year internship program emphasizes daily teaching, curriculum planning, and professional development. The NTI provides structured training for beginning teachers including frequent observations and feedback, meetings and workshops with the cohort, support from the Head Teacher, and total immersion in the school community.
Individuals with a strong interest in a science teaching career are encouraged to apply. Resident Teachers are paired with experienced Head Teachers for a rich learning experience. The Science Resident Teacher will work in Grades 5-6 in one year and in Grades 7-8 in the other year.
Science Resident Teacher Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Head Teacher to implement curriculum and manage the classroom
- Exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- Apply feedback to teaching practice
- Maintain established school procedures and a positive learning environment
- Collaborate with other grade level classroom teachers
- Perform other school related duties such as lunch and recess supervision
- Attend grade level, faculty, and professional growth meetings
- Report to the Director of the New Teacher Institute
- Bachelor’s degree in science required
- Experience working with children (informal or volunteer work is welcomed)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Two-year, full-time commitment
Resident teachers are paid a salary and receive full medical and dental benefits. Coaching and tutoring opportunities are available for supplemental income.
Visit our website for a full description of the New Teacher Institute:
How to Apply:
Application instructions can be found on our website:
Applicants must submit materials directly to the school.