Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, April 10, 2017, 12:00am
West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science in Walker, MI is seeking a passionate Principal for their 6th-12th grade program. WMAES currently serves 726 students. The elementary program consists of 429 Kindergarten-5th grade students and the 6th-12th grade program currently serves 297 students. At WMAES, our staff shares a dedication to fostering an environment for inclusion and learning. Our passion is creating life-long learners through environmental science and character education.
WMAES sits just outside of Grand Rapids, MI on a beautiful 62-acre campus complete with nature trails, wetlands, prairies, and farmland. At WMAES, student learning goes beyond the walls of the classroom. Our environmental focus allows students to learn through experience and immersion. Whether they are helping in the school vegetable garden in the spring and summer, exploring ecosystems near the pond in the Fall, or tapping the sugar maple trees in the winter- our students learn about the environment by taking an active role in their education.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Hire, coach, and evaluate school staff.
- Establish and maintain relationships with authorizing university.
- Facilitate parent education and involvement.
- Direct and coordinate educational, administrative, and counseling activities.
- Develop and implement school policy and procedure.
- Drive student growth and academic proficiency.
- Facilitate positive school culture with students and staff.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Current Michigan School Administrator certification or enrolled in an MDE-approved Principal Preparation Program leading to School Administrator certification within six months after start of employment.
- Proven track record of student academic success or significant academic gains in a principal role, serving an at-risk population in an urban setting.
- Teaching experience at the intermediate or secondary level. Valid, current Michigan teaching certificate preferred.
- Able to use technology as an instructional tool in the classroom, as a means of analyzing academic achievement data, and as a tool to aid in effective communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Exemplary work habits verified by previous employers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Full-time, year-round, some travel within the State of Michigan
How to Apply:
To Join our Dynamic Team:
To apply, please visit:
Applications will be accepted until April 10, 2017
Choice Schools Associates LLC is an Education Service Provider for charter schools in Michigan and is the employer. EEOC